Monday, June 1, 2009

Four Seasons...

Like most women, when I got engaged, I had my dress within days. I also had my location, guest list, color scheme, and everything else within days... Ahh, the perks of being a wedding planner!
Ok...so, I know that I had a great advantage in this situation. ;)
So, this week, I want to write about how to make the choices that will help to tie the perfect bow on the top of the best gift that you will ever experience... your wedding day.
Most women, when they get engaged, they already have at least one of these three things decided. Most have one decided way before an engagement was ever even thought of. ;)
Color scheme, dress, and location... these all three need to complement each other in a way that is very unique and a way that conveys an appropriate mood, as well as your personalities.
My first purchase was my dress. An original Julius Bridal creation... stunning and custom made just for me!
This dress set the tone for my entire wedding. I had to select the location to "fit" this dress. See, you cannot get married outside in a dress like this. I had to find a gorgeous church... and I did! We were married in a church with floor to ceiling stained glass windows all the way up the aisle. A perfect fit. Next, I chose the colors. My dress was a bit deeper than champagne, so I had to be careful when selecting my maids's dresses. I chose a chocolate brown dress from David's Bridal in a pick-up style just like mine.
Now, it was time to choose the accent color. That was an easy one. Baby pink. Now, I had my timeless color palette... champagne, chocolate brown, and baby pink. Later, I added a little bit of icy lime green into the maids's bouquets for a little flair.
There are so many options when it comes to your color palette. Honestly, I feel colors are a huge choice. It will convey a certain "wedding" personality, if you will, to all of your guests. It will also help "theme" the wedding and other events having to do with your wedding, like all of the wonderful showers.

This week, there will be four posts. Each will convey a certain season. Within each season, I will give a few tips for for your color palette. It is best to choose one that goes with the mood that you want to set for your big day. Think about the guest list and the time of day that your ceremony will be held. The first post will be tomorrow and the season will be the current one of: Summer!
When your wedding planning begins, remember this: You need to choose one of these three things first (colors, location, dress), because they all need to complement each other for an unforgettable wedding day. An image that will be in the minds of all in attendance for years to come. Need help choosing a color scheme, location, or dress? Email me for advice anytime @ idoweddingstn@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you!